During the June 11, 2019, RVC Council meeting, matters specifically affecting business in the County are now listed below:
- Council received a general economic presentation from Todd Hirsch, Vice President and Chief Economist at ATB Financial for background information in their general decision making. Mr. Hirsch basically stated that ATB believes that economic growth for the Province of Alberta will be nearly flat for the remainder of 2019 and improvements in 2020 will hinge largely on the state of play around pipeline expansion and reduced headwinds on global trade in the agricultural commodities markets.
- Council voted to direct Administration to explore the feasibility of a joint, developer-funded Area Structure Plan for the Highway 1 Corridor between Rocky View County and Wheatland County and to report back on potential costs and revenue sharing models. Council voted to approve a request to rename approximately 1 km of Range Road 291 immediately north of Highway 566 to John Church Lane and waive the $500 renaming application fee. This will be of particular interest and expected celebration by the Balzac Business Community Association.
- Division 7, File PRDP20190505 (07320007), Development Permit: Compost Facility, Type II and Manure Storage Facility. Refused. Council also voted that all of the offsite feedstock compost material entering the compost facility immediately cease and that a full site clean up of all onsite compost material be completed within 90 days of June 11, 2019.
- Council voted to give first and second reading to amendments to the Rocky View County Municipal Development Plan (The County Plan) which were evaluated in accordance with the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board Interim Growth Plan. The amendments will be referred to the Calgary Metropolitan Region Board for approval. The plan and amendments can be viewed on the County Plan webpage.
- Division 5, File PL20180147 (03329002), Subdivision Item: Heatherglen Industrial Business Park, Direct Control District. Considered under the Rocky View County / City of Calgary Inter-Municipal Development Plans, the County Plan, the Janet Area Structure Plan, and the Heatherglen Industrial Business Park Conceptual Scheme. Approved by the Subdivision Authority with noted conditions.
- Council moved in camera pursuant to sections 16, 24, and 27 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to consider the “Municipal Development Plan Proposal Recommendation” and the “Elbow Valley West Multi-lot Subdivision”. Council returned from the in-camera session and passed a motion directing Administration to award a contract to O2 Planning and Design Inc. to complete work on creating a new Municipal Development Plan.