A contract with the successful P3 consortium is expected to be in place by the end of September 2021. The five new high schools are anticipated to open in September 2024 with a total student capacity of about 6,938 students.
The five new high schools included in the P3 bundle are:
- Blackfalds – Grade 9-12 school, Wolf Creek Public Schools
- Edmonton – Grade 10-12 school in the southeast, Edmonton Public Schools
- Edmonton – Grade 10-12 school in Heritage Valley, Edmonton Catholic Schools
- Langdon – Grade 7-12 school, Rocky View Schools
- Leduc – Grade 10-12 school, Black Gold School Division